THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ohmygosh I nearly died on the treadmill

Okay, so I have a small issue with exaggeration but I tell you it sure felt like I almost did. However, I do thank Joan Benoit Samuelson  for congratulating me on my longest run yet (told you I would look her up, and my apologies to her for having no idea who she is..)


So despite TOM I hauled my ass up on the treadmill looked at my couch to 5k to see where week 4 starts me at and gave a good gulp. This is what I was supposed to do (I go by time rather than the distance as I find it's easier to follow/track):

Brisk 5 minute warm up walk, then:
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2 1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Well I sucked it up and I did it, my legs felt like cement the entire time, the 5 minutes was HARD with a capital H-A-R-D. The second 5 minutes was extremely tough but I made it through then walked the remaining 3 minutes that was left in my 30 minute workout. To be honest, I really haven't been stretching before or after my runs, I probably should start thinking about doing that a little bit better. *sheepish look*

I think I definitely need to "reset" or recalibrate my sensor though because that middle section of my runs seems to be going strange each time (and I'm sure its not me...).

Anyways, breakie time cuz I am hungry!!  So here it is...




4 comments:

She Smiles said...

Great job! But yes, learn from my mistake and S-T-R-E-T-C-H. Part of the reason my injury got so bad so quickly is because I wasn't strecthing or warming up at all. Hindsights a wonderful thing!

christines iphone said...

GREAT JOB!!!! yay

Ang said...

Thanks ladies! I am definitely going to be sure to stretch before and after now!

Anonymous said...

WHOA!! Thats awesome!!