I dragged my ass out of bed early this morning to hit the treadmill/run... yup that's right I said it I got up early and ... ran (well walked/ran). That's pretty damn impressive considering I am not a morning person at all. Let me kind of paint a picture of what my mornings are usually like... I work at 8am and it's about a 13 min drive to work. So I set my alarm for 7:05am and then proceed to hit snooze until around 7:20 or so (sometimes have stayed in bed until 7:30 oops) and then get ready for work, grab something to eat for breakfast while at work and out the door I go, occasionally stopping for coffee at Tim Hortons on the way if I have time or feel for it. My overall general "get ready" routine takes about 15minutes from wake up to out the door (I shower at night to save time haha). I do not have to dress up for work. I work at a manufacturing company so my general work attire is jeans and a tshirt or something of the sort. Anywho... I got up at 6:20am this morning got my work out clothes and shoes on and on the treadmill I got around 6:30am and proceeded to do a walk/run combo for about 25 minutes (was aiming for 30 minutes but I had to stop midway and sit for a couple minutes because I pushed it too hard and then I was running out of time and had to upload my run and hit the shower) but I DID IT. Turns out in the evening when I have been running the past couple times (after / around 9pm) I just don't really have the energy/desire to do it. So I think I will get up early every other day and do it to start.
Well without further ado, here it is....
Monday, June 23, 2008
Mark your calendars folks...
Posted by Ang at 8:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay!! Thats SO awesome of you! Bet it felt good to have it done and out of the way so you could enjoy the rest of your day!!
You got up early! *blink blink* Now thats committment! You'll be running that 5km in no time!
It actually does feel good to know that when I get home the rest of the evening is to myself... :)
I KNOW! Can you believe I got up early and I'm not a morning person at all!! Geez. Amazement #1) getting up early, amazement #2) actually running hahaha
Post a Comment