So since starting my running/walking this week I have gotten some pretty fancy blisters on each foot on the side just down from my big toe. After Wednesday's run they were the size of dime's, after todays run they were squished and soooo sore. Mayhaps I need new shoes.... bah.
I have officially completed 3 morning runs this week and will follow up with a new one on Sunday (every other day). So far I actually feel pretty good about it and I've noticed as the days go past the running gets a bit easier. I used to run for like 1 minute and then walk for a bunch, rinse repeat now after I walk a 5 min warm up I run for two minutes, walk for two minutes, etc etc yaddy yadda. Next week I hope to be able to start getting into running for three minutes walking for 2. And I have also noticed now that my heart rate is coming back down a bit easier as is how hard I am breathing. So I think I am off to a good start (not that I really know since I am new to all of this).
As you know I have been journaling my food consumption and approx calories/fat/protein on the side bar to the right and clearing them off each day. Once I have finished one week I will post a summary of the week and if I have gone down any lbs. I will make my week to follow my weigh days of Tuesday rather than calendar week.
Here's my run for this morning....
Friday, June 27, 2008
Holy blisters batman...
Posted by Ang at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
GREAT job on the runs!!
you may want to try changing socks before you look at shoes. go for the good socks (at least 7-8 bucks a pair!)
if that doesnt work, go to a RUNNING store (do they have the Running Room by you? i know they have some in Ontario)... get properly fitted for shoes.
good luck!
C
C,
Yah I switched to the "thicker" socks that I had but I think I need to get a couple decent pairs, I will look this weekend. I know we don't have a Running Room in our town but there's probably one in Vancouver if needed. I'll check around though, going to try the socks first because well.. they're cheaper haha.
And thanks for the props! :)
I 100% agree on the socks. I wear a running sock by nike and swear by them. They're $24 a pop but I have never gotten blisters since I have been wearing them, and I used to get some pretty savage blisters!
I'm so proud of your running efforts! Keep it up and those pounds will be melting away!
Post a Comment