THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 3, 2008

I Ran

It's been a few months but now I am back on the horse officially this morning and I ran. Got up at the butt crack of dawn and got on the treadmill. I ran about only 10 or so minutes of my 30 minute work out and fast walked the rest because apparently running with chest congestion/chest cold does not make breathing easy. So I figured I'd fast walk it out rather than pass out from lack of oxygen.

I went to the Running Room yesterday and got properly fitted for real running shoes (they did a fantastic job, quite happy with them and their service) oh and some proper running socks too. I got Asics Cumulus-10 shoe (man size cuz my feet are gigantic).



I also got myself a little Camelback for when I start actually running in the great outdoors, it's a waistpack style. Would be a good place to put a house key, etc in as well.


I tell you, lying in bed this morning I made many excuses as to why I should not get up and run. But, I did it - I got up, took my sweet time putting my running clothes on and eventually did it. I tell you this though - I am TIRED today wow, it could be left over tiredness from the weekend but yah. Stick a fork in me - I'm done.

Thanks to everyone for the song suggestions, keep them coming if you have any more.

Here's my walk/run today:



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your will power today, it will get easier...Good choice in shoes i have a pair and so does my sister you will be very happy!Sent you an email today!Keep up the good work! Tan

Ang said...

Thanks Tan! It wasn't easy but I mentally slapped myself and got on it.

So far so good on the shoes they were super comfy when I was running.

Emailed ya back!! :)

christines iphone said...

my DH just bought a pair of Asics as well... LOVES them!

great job on your run!

She Smiles said...

I get Asic Kayanos, I've had 4 pairs now, and they rock.

Wanna join my nike + challenge?

Ang said...

M, sounds great. I'll facebook you my email attached to my Nike+