Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Panic!
So you may have noticed that my last post I said I would post my run after I did it and then there's no run posted.. well thats because my lazy "in a funk" demon took over and he and I tangled all last week. However, you will be happy to know that I currently have him in a neck hold and am punching him in the face.I will also admit that I'm a gamer and the expansion to my game (World of Warcraft) came out last week and I may or may not have been glued to the computer instead. Tee hee. :P
Why am I panicing? Well, as you may recall I applied to the RCMP and wrote the aptitude test about 3 weeks ago now well Monday night I got home from work, opened the mail box and BLAMO a manila envelope from the RCMP. I tore into it and "a selection from the rank-ordered list of test scores has occured and I am pleased to advise you that your application was selected to proceed to the next level of competition in our application process." YAAAY right?! That's what I thought until I read down further and found out that my package needs to be submitted by Dec 22. And in that package amongst a ton of paperwork that has to be sent in is... the PARE (Physical Abilities Requirements Evaluation) has to be done and results sent. I have to become fit enough to pass that test in less than a month. Ruh-roh! Send me tips, pointers, well wishes, you name it I'll take it!!!
Yesterday was weigh in day - no change from last week is kind of meh but no change is better than going up! Although after I got out of the shower this morning out of curiousity I got on and checked and I was down 2 lbs so who knows what will happen by next Tuesday.
Anyways, here's my run this morning - I've moved on to week 5 of the Couch to 5K and am currently on the "run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes" segment.
Posted by Ang at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what kind of 'fitness' is required? what do you have to be able to do?
it may be time to see a personal trainer to get you ready???
btw - congrats on the first step!!!
Thanks!
Here's a link to the RCMP website about the PARE: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-recrutement/resources-ressources/pare-tape-eng.htm#pareB
or check out this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoK4u24K_lw&feature=related
Wow girl it sounds like you have your work cut out for you!!!! Determination and commitment are the ways to get to your dreams and you seem to have both!!!!Congrats on holding your own with the weight loss!!!Look forward to your updates Tan
Congrats Ang! Thats great news!
You can do this, you can! We'll all here cheering you on :)
Post a Comment