Unfortunately I am not one of those people who when they fail at something or not necessarily fail but cannot complete something successfully go at it repeatedly and go crazy until they "get 'er dun". I have full blown A.M.S. (anti-motivational syndrome). I make no excuses except for that. I would rather sit on my ass and waste good oxygen then do what is needed to get it done. Ie: my PARE attempt Sunday most people would go "okay great, I know where I'm at and how much work it will take me to get to where I need to be and I'm going to start RIGHT NOW". Me, I'm more like "great, that was REDONCULOUS and I have a long way to go" and then commence sitting on my ass for a few days. That's what I did this week. Yesterday, Wednesday was the first day that I did any form of exercise since my PARE attempt. I made myself a little calendar yesterday that I taped up on the back of the door to my office (keep it closed when I'm not home) so the first thing I see when I am about to go down the hallway and sit on my ass is this calendar that looks like this:

So I taped that up on the door and proceeded to go get my work out clothes on and get on my treadmill since I hadn't run that morning at all obviously. I am on week 5 of couch to 5k which in my opinion makes absolutely no sense. Check out the progression of work out 1 to 3 in week 5:

Okay so work out #1 and 2 make sense to me but how do you go from 8run, 5 walk, 8 run to just full out run for 20 minutes without walking at all? RRIIGHHHT. So I thought that since I could do the 8-5-8 that I would modify that and do something a bit longer so I did 10-5-6 (or so). I was running out of steam by the time I got to the second run stage and was hungry for dinner haha so I fast walked out the remainder of the cool down walk.
Here's my run:
I do not think that I will be doing the "20 straight" any time soon, I will try modified bits of changing the length of the runs vs walks period but I don't think I could just get on and go 20 minutes, I'm pretty sure the cats would have to learn how to do CPR first. I am not sure I am going to get in either a run or a gym today as I forgot when I set my alarm last night that I probably won't make it to the gym tonight as I babysit my precious after work for a few hours and then I was planning to go from there to the gym... except I forgot that I have to go home because I need to get Mia prepared for tomorrow (my pretty princess kitty) as she is getting spayed tomorrow and I need to go pick up their food and water and make sure there isn't any thing that she can get in to (ie: bathtub, sinks, etc) so that she hasn't had anything to eat or drink past 8pm tonight. Depending on the time after all that is done I will evaluate what I can do from that point on. Otherwise I will get up and run in the morning for sure before I have to take my baby to the vet. Tuesday was weigh day, I finally got out of the "bit here, bit there, nothing" mini plateau's that I have and lost 5lbs, seems to be the trend I usually follow so I have broken the 70 barrier and will continue to roll, now I just have to break that 250 barrier and I will be equally happy. And I am about 1.5 lbs from actually being the weight that is on the back of my drivers license! Haha.
1 comments:
I think we know how you feel with the A.M.S!!!LOL, love your updates...good luck with the next 1.5 lbs to get to your license weight that will feel sooo good!!! My countdown on 2 more months!!!YAYAY Tan
Post a Comment