THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 21, 2008

"I WANT TO BE A MOUNNNTIIIEEEEE!!!"...

I was internally yelling that to myself in the last stage of my run today. I would have yelled it out loud but it was like 6am and I didn't think the people upstairs would appreciate it. Today was "warm up walk 5 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 5 minutes, run 8 minutes, cool down walk" and the first 8 minutes I was like Rocky... boo yaa grandma look at me go! However when 8 minutes round two came around... by about 4 minutes in I was rapidly losing steam I almost gave in, ALMOST. But I told myself just make it one more minute, then when that minute finished, it was one more minute and so on and so forth until I made the 8 minutes. I was staring at the little purple heart picture on the wall screaming to myself internally "I WANT TO BE A MOUNNNTIIEEEEEE!!!" as I forged through. I'm not sure which was a harder struggle and who was fighting the last bit the most, my body or my brain. Next run is supposed to a 5 min warm up walk and then run for 20 minutes straight no stopping. Me thinks I may have to do the 8-5-8 thing one or six more times before I attempt that. After work today I will hit up the gym for an hour or so and get me some more muscles *flex* ... no really, I'm sure there are muscles hiding underneath all that fat and skin, haha. Oh my gym weights area is upstairs, and I don't know who thought that was a good idea but after you've done some serious muscle working on your legs and go to walk down a flight of like 20 stairs I just invision myself taking a plummit, rolling down the stairs ass over tea kettle until I smash through the glass doors at the bottom. Quite the visual isn't it?


Anywho, here's my run:


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Well done you! Great exercising and wow, pushing yourself like that is so good. Mel

Anonymous said...

I love your enthusiazium!!! I'm sure i spelled that wrong...LOL
You can do anything you put your mind to!! Tan

christines iphone said...

woooo hooooo!!