I'm hungry, I think? I'm not sure if I am actually hungry or if it's all in my head. I've OFFICIALLY started my preop diet today, my surgery date is still tentative but I figured I'll know Monday at the latest and a few extra days on it won't hurt me. I was aiming to start it yesterday and did the Slimfast breakfast and lunch thing but then Darrell came home and suggested a "last supper" out together and that seemed like a great idea so today I put on gloves and face the gauntlet. I had a Slimfast breakfast shake (Slimfast Optima Vanilla powder, 1 cup of skim milk, and a few frozen berries to add taste and texture), a prepackaged can of Slim Fast Optima (vanilla flavor) for lunch (these are not the greatest but they are manageable). For an afternoon snack I had a Slim Fast Chocolate Chip Muffin bar snack and now it's 4pm and I think I'm hungry. I have a feeling that its probably not as much hunger as it is needing to drink something. Plain water by itself can be so boring so I am going to stop and pick up some Crystal Light on the way home I think. Maybe I'll chew a piece of gum, that might help (or make it worse not sure) - might as well I just bought a new pack and I won't be able to chew gum after my surgery.
Sooo, this is day 1 of 19 days of "preop diet", most people only do two weeks but whatever might as well go for the gusto. I do however, plan to have one cheat night dinner out with my girls before my surgery.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Preop Diet Day 1...
Posted by Ang at 3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's my first pre-op day, too. I'm scheduled for January 14. Doc says 10 days of OptiFast Shakes. Yucko!
I've had three shakes and half of a optifast snack bar (gag-eroni!). Two more to go. Nine days after today.
I hope we're making the right decision, 'cause we're in it for the long haul!
My best-of-best wishes to you for a fast, hungerless pre-op phase... and a simple-as-pie surgery and post-op.
Thanks!
I've never tried OptiFast but if they taste anything like Medifast I give you my sympathies. The Slimfast shakes / muffin bars are actually good so I don't mind them.
I think we both know we're making the right decision and it will all be worth it!
Good luck with your preop phase as well. Keep me posted!
Cheers,
Ang
you can do it. it's really worth it! just remember its not like you wont be able to have something ever again... thats the great thing about the band!
good luck to you!
LJ
Post a Comment