THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fills, Baby Showers & Weight Loss Oh my!!

Sorry I haven't written anything sooner, this past week has been CRAZY busy. I went for fill #3 this past Friday. I thought my appointment was at 9am so I left at 7am (it takes an hour and a half to get there but I always give myself an extra 30 minutes just in case of traffice snarls, etc) and I got there at 8:30am. It was early so I had a mini nap and went up to his office at 8:50, they asked if I was early and I said yes - 10 minutes and she was like uhm your appointment was at 9:45am... darnit, foiled again! So they said they would try and fit me in early depending on how his earlier appointments showed up, which I said great no worries (not their fault I'm a dumb @$$) so I got in around 9:30. He poked the needle in (it hurt more than usual this time for some reason) and felt around and boom in the port he goes then spent a bit of time mussing and fussing to make sure that all the liquid he had put in previously actually went in (since I hadn't really had any restriction) so I had to take deep breaths, etc but was glad when he was done checking and added just over .5 cc's more.

I felt different when I left his office, this time I could actually feel the water sitting in my pouch and then going through (strange feeling) and I hadn't felt that before. I don't seem to notice it now but that could be because either a) I'm used to it and don't realize it anymore or b) It was due to the bit of swelling from the band being tightened. So I did the rest of the day as clear liquids as instructed, Saturday as full liquids then Sunday as mushier/soft foods.

Sunday I had a baby shower for my bestest friend at my house and of course here I am preparing and putting out allll these yummy looking foods (I even made cupcakes and homemade icing!) but all in all it wasn't too bad. I had a few of the tiny round tortilla chips with a bit of dip and one cupcake and I was good to go.

Last night we had a meeting at work that was scheduled to go until 7pm (we are usually done at 4:30) so we had arranged to have some fruit & veggie platters and sandwich platters brought in. I ate 1/4 of an egg salad sandwich, a few small pieces of fruit and a cucumber & mushroom piece and I was FULL!!!! I actually orginially took a 1/4 piece of egg salad sandwich and a 1/4 piece of chicken salad but was finishing up my egg salad and knew I wouldn't be able to eat my other one so I gave it to my friend who happily ate it (boys are so handy). Got home around 8 and treated myself to a cupcake :)

So we all know what day it is today right... Yup kids that's right it's Tuesday.... so on the scale I get this morning and..... drum roll please .... DOWN 9 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! :) :) =) =) for a grand total of 38.5 lbs gone :) *happy dance*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome!!! Congrats on being so diligent this weekend, I'm hoping my #3 fill does the same trick! =)

Sarah

Ang said...

Thanks girlie!! When is your next fill appt? So far this one seems to be doing much more than the past two so I hope you are just as lucky!!

How is your progress so far? (Besides frustrating as all heck?! lol).

*HUGS!*

Robin said...

Today is my weigh-in day too and guess what...I am also down 9 lbs! The funny thing is I was looking at your 3 weeks post op weightloss and we are exactly the same there too! Craziness

Anonymous said...

Yay for you - down 9 lbs! I have about 6 more weeks until I'm banded - can't wait!

Ang said...

Robin, too awesome! Congrats on the 9lbs and the loss so far :)

Me, how exciting, I am sure those 6 weeks will fly by!!

I am trying to make sure I don't get too excited about such a big drop in one week as I know there is a chance it could go up a lb or two next. But it's something :)

Tracy said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now I'm craving cupcakes! dang it :)

Inspiration said...

38.5 lbs is fantastic! You are well on your way to your goal. It only gets better from here...

Ang said...

Thanks ladies, sorry for the cupcake craving Tracy!