Today is Tuesday and you know what that means - the dreaded evil scale weigh day (well not dreaded really I do look forward to Tuesday mornings to see my progression - or lack there of). So on I get this morning wearing nothing but my engagement ring (maybe if I took that off it'd be another pound down with that big diamond!!) and I look down wooo hooooo down 4 lbs! YES! Even with my BAD sweet tooth this past few days (T.O.M - time of month is BAD for me with sweets) and no exercise in the past few days - again no thanks during TOM, I am 4 lbs down.
Now even more warm fuzzies - yesterday at work I had two separate people comment on how they could tell I've lost weight. I've noticed some people on the Lapband forums don't really like people commenting but I so far don't mind at all - granted the people who have commented are people who know about my surgery. My one sales guy that I work with (who also happens to now be my landlord) is always great about saying how he really notices it and that I'm doing awesome and he's proud of me... and yesterday was no exception he came up and was like "WOW I can really see it in your face kiddo, you're doing great!" (or something along those lines). And my boss said something for the first time since my surgery yesterday - I was in his office and we were in the middle of a discussion about stuff and mid sentence he stops what he was saying and was like "I can really see that you've lost weight, especially in your face - I noticed it when I walked by you on my way in this morning but I REALLY see it now". I thought that was pretty cool so I told him my company jacket (which I wear a lot at work because it's like a freezer in our office for some reason) is getting big and perhaps this Christmas they'll have to get me a new one - he said that we'd have to do something or get this one taken in everytime I need it - that it would be the most expensive company jacket to date! Was funny... So yah, it was nice to hear it from him too - he has been a great support on my surgery and seeing how I am feeling (after fills, etc.) and making sure I'm doing okay. I really couldn't ask for a more supportive boss when it came to my surgery; especially with needing to take 4 hours off work every time I need to drive out to my doctors for a fill or check up (which when you're salary means you are technically still getting paid).
It's exciting to have people excited for me.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Warm Fuzzies
Posted by Ang at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment