THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Love - Hate relationship...

... with my scale. I love to hate it. Some days it's my new best friend, other's I want to kick it to the curb like yesterday's trash.

I think I may have mentioned before that my scale weigh day is Tuesday morning and that is the day that I "count" my weight for the week. While I still on other days throughout the week jump on the scale out of curiousity I know that it is not my weigh day so it doesn't count and that different factors throughout the day can affect that number and not to freak out. I try to keep myself in check when it comes to weighing in. I cannot not weigh however as I need to have that accountability to keep myself in check.

So I logged my food the past couple of weeks (haven't yet this week but will start again soon) and have gone to Curves 3-4 times a week .. had my fill Friday and did the post-fill diet and thought FOR SURE I would be down on the scale numbers on Tuesday morning. So there I was brushing my teeth Monday night and thought "eh why not" so on I get and Wooo Hooo down 5 lbs from last weeks weigh number - I'm thinking "awesome" can't wait to see that for real tomorrow (Tuesday) when it counts. Tuesday morning comes around and I'm pumped to jump on the scale - so on I get and ... WHAT THE HELL ... 0 lbs down from last week. So I sigh, get off, tell the scale I hate it and continue to get ready for work. Now I'm annoyed at Mr. Scale, can't he be nice to me on weigh in day? Yeeesh. But whatever, we'll see how weigh in day is next Tuesday. And of course now today rolls around and I'm getting ready for work, look at the scale and think - eh why not - so on I get and now I'm down 5.5 lbs! But it's not Tuesday so it doesn't count but really, why does it have to be mean on weigh day? I expect it will creep up a smidgen in the next week or so (or not move at all for that matter) as it's around that time where water retention will be my enemy.

Oh well, c'est la vie... Least I didn't go up! Hah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm going through the same crap minus the fact that I don't have a "weigh day" which just means I jump on the scale whenever I feel like it and it drives me insane!

Sarah

Ang said...

*hug* Hang in there girl! You know, you can set your own "weigh day" hehe, I picked mine as Tuesday because that was the day before my surgery but there is no reason you can't just set a random day of the week like Tuesday to be your weigh in day - and then try your best to stick to only getting on the scale on that day.