Yesterday was a bad day for head struggles. I think I am going through "food detox" so yesterday was a bad one for wanting to be able to eat a cheeseburger, pepperoni, pizza, fast food, POP OH POP HOW I WILL MISS YOU, and anything else. Yet, I was eating my cream soup and pudding and it was pissing me off. I went through the anger of having to eat crap foods and just wanted to move to my mushies, through the sadness of thinking "what if I can never eat a bagel again" or "I can't believe I cannot have pop anymore" and I was grumpy. Poor Darrell had to deal with my bitchyness. Head hunger and demons really kicked my butt yesterday however today (so far) is going alright. It's hard to believe I won't be eating regular food until around February 23, that seems so far away :(
I had my post-op follow up appointment with my surgeon yesterday and it went well. He reminded me to be sure to stick to the post-op food plan that is layed out and I said I am even though it's a struggle I won't deviate. He looked at my tummy and said things look good, no bad bruising of any kind and told me I could take the steri-strips off if I wanted or just let them fall off on their own. I took one off last night (much to Darrell's dismay) and it's looking pretty good however Darrell quickly covered it with polysporin and a bandaid (which was fine with me). I may take another one off today (ssshhh).
Friday, February 1, 2008
Yesterday was a bad day
Posted by Ang at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't know what to tell you to ward off head demons other than maybe find a distraction. *shrug*
I don't know what this "pop" stuff is but ya know I haven't drank soda if about 3 months & don't really miss it.
Try Seltzer water w/ a slice of lime in it. It's danged good & very refreshing.
Sorry ya had a bad day Huags & junk.
Thanks. I can't have any kind of carbonation any more, them's just the rules.
And it's POP not soda. ;) <3
Hi Ang, I'm new to your blog today.Have just been considering LapBand and am starting research.I live in US and understand that getting insurance to allow is the hard part.
Can you tell me more about yourself such as health conditions related to your weight and how much you weigh? By the way, your picture says that you are already beautiful on the outside!! wish you much luck and will check back in when I can. Thanks.
Hey jodyanni,
Welcome to my blog! And thank you very much for the compliment. Did you find my blog link from the LBT website? If so, why don't you send me a private message on there or fire me a quick email to the email address listed at the top of my blog and I will fill you in. (I'm not openly advertizing my weight on here... yet). ;) I'm sure you can understand.
Living in Canada myself I didn't really have a lot of option for having Insurance cover it as the only extended insurance benefits I have are through work and they don't cover that in the policy. So I actually paid for mine, no insurance. Please feel free to send me an email, I would love to answer any questions that you have.
Talk soon.
Ang
Post a Comment