Today is weigh day for me and I hesitantly got on the scale this morning (after being on mushie/pureed since Thursday I fully expected to not lose anything) but was pleased to see a 1.5lb drop despite having started on the pureed stage.
Today is also the first day of making the bain of my existance a part of my existance. What bain is that? Exercise. Despite being larger as a kid I was also pretty active - I was on the soccer team, the volleyball team, played rugby for fun... then puberty hit me with full force and I developed quickly and biggly and thus ended the active streak (you ever tried running with cannon balls strapped to your chest?). Around the age of 19 I had those cannon balls taken care of with a reduction however by that point - I was already way overweight and well exercise is not really thrilling at my size. So my plan with the band is to do at least 30 minutes of exercise at least 5-6 times a week. This morning was day one with my elliptical so I got up early and got on it for 5 minutes (taking it slow at first - I remember the first time a while ago I thought I would do elliptical while I did it for the first time in a while for like 10-15 min and I could barely walk the next day) and when I get home I will get on for another 5 minutes. My plan is to then increase to at least 15 minutes in the morning before work and as I start to feel better return to Curves - 3 days a week at first, increasing to 5.
Well that's the plan - I've laid it out - now I have to be accountable to myself (and anyone who reads this).
Oh yah, and drink more water blech.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
The bain of my existance...
Posted by Ang at 10:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"you ever tried running with cannon balls strapped to your chest?"
That's EXACTLY what I do for excercise every day!!! How'd you know?!?!?
lol. @$$ <3
Post a Comment