THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 15, 2008

I found this very well said...

This wasn't written by me - it was in my Lapband forums in response to someone making a post about how their thin boss made a comment regarding her having weight loss surgery that she should just "watch what she eats and hire a personal trainer" and to other comments from people who have been told WLS is "cheating". I thought that I would post it on my blog as it ties in to what I have mentioned before.

"We don't tell alcoholics to just have three small drinks a day and we don;t tell a drug addict to have three small hits a day, but we tell overweight people to just have three small meals a day. We tell other addicts to abstain, becasue we know if they have even one drink or drug, they be back on it full force, but you can't just give up food!It's unrealistic that without some help we can do it alone. It is also the reason that we need to be vigilant after reaching goal, becasue the food demon will always be a monkey on our back.My analogy was more about how people that can control one thing in their life, just don;t understand why other people can't control the same aspect." ... "And personally, I do think the people unable to control finances or continually pick the wrong mate have a weakness. Exactly the same way they see our weight issue as a weakness.With how hard I'm working at this weight battle, even with the band, I don't feel like I'm cheating at all, but understand that others might. I don;t really care as long as I end up thinner.If the other people hired a professional accountant to handle their finances and got control would I say they "cheated"? NO! If the girl got rid of the bad boys by getting a shrink to help figure out why would i say she cheated?No, we would pat them on the back for getting their life in control!We'll just have to start educating people as much as possible!"

Just some food for thought.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ang,

I had my band surgery on 12/21 and still have no restriction. Thanks for writing about you're journey. It helps me to know there are others out there going through the same thing.