THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, February 8, 2008

It's been a week...

Since I last posted - I am such a terrible blogger! Let's see what has happened in the past week:

I was back to work this Monday and of course had a tonne of work waiting for me when I got back and am just getting caught up - and glad it's Friday today. The first day back actually wasn't too bad - I'm not really in pain anymore. Tuesday I believe it was I woke up with a bit of a pain in my side which by 8am hurt to take deep breaths in - kind of like a cramp you get from chugging water then running or doing something of the sort. Thankfully by about 10-11am it was gone. Most likely some kind of gas bubble of sorts but man it wasn't fun. Wednesday brought... THE LAST DAY OF FULL LIQUIDS WOOO HOOOO! I was VERY excited to eat for lunch on Thursday some tuna that I threw in the blender with some dill and light miracle whip - 1/2 a cup of tuna for lunch was great. Dinner got even better... last night I put half a cup of refried beans in a bowl, added some grated cheese and threw it in the microwave and topped it off with a bit of blendered salsa. Mmm mmm good. So today's lunch is 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Never really been a huge fan of the stuff but it's super high protein and probably filling so hopefully it tastes alright. I got regular 2% stuff as I figured, if I can only eat 1/2 cup of it anyways why eat the gross lowfat stuff.

My incisions are looking better everyday - the last one to catch up is the port one as it's the biggest one but it's looking pretty good too. There's one incision that I can see a little knot of disolving stitches sticking out - so I will have to keep my eye on that to make sure it goes away otherwise I may have to make a dr's appt to get that snipped.

I am still failing to drink the 64oz of water a day thing - seriously to drink that I swear you'd have to sit with a camelback on and suck on it 24/7. I'm lucky if I get in 16 ozs! I have up'd my 1/2 cup protein shake breakfast to 1 cup as I was finding that I was starving by 10am when I had it at 8am. So now the 1 cup manages to be sipped on off and on until around 11am and I don't have the bad morning hunger. Getting closer to dinner time though I definitely feel the hunger but living with it.

Other than that the only other thing I really have to report is being down about 17lbs since surgery which is pretty cool. I expect that this next weeks weigh in won't show much of a difference with going to mushies, but I can hope!

2 comments:

Losing Jusme said...

the water will come, try to get in as much as possible. i ended up dehydrated - not a fun thing.

yay... MUSHIES rock!
~C

Amy said...

You are over the worse part- now it is just smooth sailing from here on out! The water was a bitch for me too- gosh it takes forever to drink it, so do your best. Congrats on 17 pounds, and don't worry you will keep losing even this week I swear it.