THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whoa Life!

Time has been getting away from me and I didn't post last week nor even update my weight loss and now here I am 40 weeks (10 months!!) post op and down 68.5lbs in total . Not too shabby if I do say so myself! I had a fill appointment a couple of weeks ago where I just went to visit and never got a fill (never thought I would see that day!) and have been happily trucking along quite steadily.

Work and life has been pretty busy as of late and is about to get even busier. How you ask? Well I'm starting to decide "what I want to be when I grow up", I know I know you are all thinking "but Ang.... you're 26!!!!". I know right?! After much reevaluation of my life and current job I have decided - this isn't going to be me for the next 40 years. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and the company I work for - they are truly great and I am VERY fortunate but in the long haul I don't see myself here in the next 10- 15 years. I am having a very hard time picturing the "office setting" type of job for the rest of my life (I'm a sales coordinator/exec assistant to pres). So I started to think about my options - the different types of fields I could go into and where they would take me and... I have made a decision. I have always been interested in the law and law enforcement (I wanted to be a Customs Officer when I was 19 but never would have met the physical/education requirements). So what am I thinking? Well, I am thinking of trying to join the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police - and no they do not wear the "funny red" outfits on their day to day jobs like the TV shows!). That's right kids - I want to work for the federal government as a police officer.

Here's where the fun part begins... the physical requirements are... INSANE. That's really the only way to describe it. And part of the application process involves doing a PARE (Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation) and if you are curious as to what this all entails - check out this link: http://www.rcmp.ca/recruiting-recrutement/resources-ressources/pare-tape-eng.htm. So yah... o crap. I am writing the RPAT tomorrow (RCMP Police Aptitude Test) and will need to spend from now until eternity making myself redonculously fit. Oh, did I mention I'd also have to get laser eye surgery? Fun eh?

Without the Lapband, even the contemplation of this would not have been possible. Never in a million years would I have been able to get a decent start on the weight loss to where I need to be in order to really start to prepare physically for this. Wish me luck, any advice or suggestions would be fabutastic.

I'm headed to the Running Room on Sunday to buy myself some ridiculously priced super running shoes.

Oh god.... *wide eyed look of wonder and fear*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ang!!!

Talk about life changing!!!! Good for you!That will be an amazing Journey....congrats with your on going success it is truly amazing!!!!WHEN YOU REACH 70 LOSS can you do before and after pics??? PLEASE!!!!!Always look forward to your updates. Your my insirpiration!!! Tan

Ang said...

Thanks Tan!!!! I promise at 70lbs gone I will do picture! As that is a decent milestone! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats GREAT Ang!!! So happy for you that you've made this big decision... and thanks for reminding us that losing the weight doesn't just make our clothes fit better, it really can transform our futures.

Robin said...

What a great decision! We need to chat cause I have a few tidbits for you but I don't really want to post them. Email me

She Smiles said...

So proud of you! I think you're making the right decision :)

Melanie said...

What a wonderful path to follow. I hope it all goes well.

Ang said...

Thanks ladies!! I'm nervous but excited and also worried. The physical aspect is going to be BRUTAL. So I will accept any pointers, suggestions, ass kickings, you name it.

And thanks for IM'img me Robin! You gave me some great info! :)