That's it! I have officially discovered the best way to lose weight over the holidays like Thanksgiving! Don't celebrate, amazing how you can't over eat turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes if you don't have the option. Thanksgiving has never been a hugely celebrated event in my family and living about 4 hours away from parents, and grandparents I did not celebrate it this year as there really wasn't anything going on Thanksgiving wise anyway. I consumed zero turkey, zero mashed potatoes and zero stuffing. Weighed in on Tuessday and was down about 2.5lbs for a grand total of 66 gone. In retrospect my original goal of 100lbs in the first year seemed obtainable but with my lifestyle and the way I am I am puttering along and my own pace and am actually okay with how I am doing. I have a fill/follow up appointment tomorrow morning and I can actually say that unless he strongly suggests otherwise I will not be getting any additional fill this time around. I seem to be at a good spot, why wreck it. Today for example, I didn't eat breakfast (I don't usually anymore) and at lunch time I ate 1/4 of an egg salad sandwich and that was all I could eat at the time, I will have a snack shortly.
Yesterday one of the guys I work with who is like my own little cheerleader (older gentleman, also my landlord - great guy) told me that I am developing a shape! And it's a nice shape!! He told me he doesn't know if he's allowed to say that but that I'm looking great! He's a great guy, treats me like on of his kids. So obviously I was pretty happy about this. I was wearing jeans with a belt and a sweater that fits snuggly but not inappropriately so. The sweater comes down below my jeans and sits part way down my bum if I am constantly pulling it down, otherwise it seems to sit comfortably around my belt line on my jeans which normally I would NEVER have let happen but now, it really didn't bother me!!
Keeping to a bit of a Thanksgiving theme here are some of the things that I am thankful for in this journey:
*Friends and family who support me and cheer me on along the way
*My fellow bandsters who provide that extra step of support in the "been there done that or going through it too" sort of way
*Feeling more comfortable in not only my clothes but my own skin
*My parents for making this possible and supporting me along the way
*The feeling that I am actually doing it this time and it's not just one more failed diet attempt notch on the bedpost.
*Knowing that if I have a day where I slip up even my "worst slip ups" are hardly even a tip off the iceberg of the old ones.
*Knowing that I have lost almost 40% of my excess body weight (based on an end goal of 155lbs)
With that said - here's my toast to me and all the rest of you who have ever struggled and are struggling with overcoming what you thought would be impossible: "Live your life to the fullest, take one step at a time and should you trip and fall pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep going. To be successful you need to do it for yourself and nobody else. You can do it, you will do it and even though you have days that you want to scream in anger or curl up in a ball and cry there will be more moments of victory in the long run than there will be of anguish or sorrow. Keep your head up, live your life to the fullest, laugh, love yourself and the rest will be... gravy!"
XoXo.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Post Thanksgiving Weigh-In
Posted by Ang at 2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Woo! Everything is so fab for you right now :)
Wow!!! Congrats your just moving along the weight loss train at a very good pace!!! So cool that you seem to have found your sweet spot!!! Keep the updates coming !! Tan
great post!!
congrats on the loss so far. you can do it. i have faith in you!
Thanks ladies!! So far so good with everyone.
M & C, you two are my inspiration!
Tan, hopefully you will be on this train with me soon!!
What an inspiring blog...I was stuck for a minute, but after reading all the things you're thankful for..my mindset has changed yet again.
Post a Comment