I got home after work yesterday and collected the mail - there was a flyer from my local "plus size" store and in it was a "spend $100 before tax and get $20 off" coupon in it (not a bad deal!) so I grabbed that along with the $25 gift certificate I have to there (they have a rewards club - spend like $500 they give you a $25 g.c. - which I have had stuck to my fridge since like last November) and off I go.
The plan... find a pair of pants that fit (all my pants seem to be getting a wee bit saggy in the bum these days) that can tide me over for a little bit until I need to get a smaller size. Did you know it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to find pants (that aren't dressy) at this time of year? Capris, shorts, skirts, no problem... but I need a pair of pants! So I found ONE pair (ONE!!) that I liked and grabbed a size down from what I normally wore (prior to my banding) and they were even marked down (woo hoo) and a couple of tshirts and a pair of capri's to try on on into the fitting room I went. On go the pants - yesss they fit and they fit well :) Next, the cute black t-shirt weee it fits good (I have a hard time finding shirts that aren't too short - I'm only 5'7 but a lot of my height is in my torso) and then the capris... now these are CUTE capris and they fit great (smidgen snug but that probably won't last for long) and in the case of the capri's they make my ass look PHAT!
So needless to say I'm pretty happy that I am officially down 1 size in both tops and bottoms ;) Except now I have to find me a pair of sandals to go with my new capri's. I tried on a pair when I went across the line to Bellingham, WA shopping with my girl friend but didn't buy them, so I went to the same store up here (Payless) hoping they would have them - of course they didn't ... So that will be my adventure this afternoon - sandals!
Unrelated topic/note - I rescheduled my fill (I can't remember if I mentioned that I had or just that I was thinking about it) to next week Thursday which will be 2 weeks after the last one (he usually likes me to wait 3 weeks) but I think I need another small fill and I just want to get this show on the road I'm TIRED of beatin around the bush! Plus my fill was originally scheduled for May 16th and my mom's coming down to visit on the 17th and I don't want to be stuck worrying about post fill liquids while she is here. So HOPEFULLY he will do it for me next Thursday without any problems. *fingers crossed* I'm gonna be cheesed off if he makes me wait a bit longer after driving almost 2 hours to get to him haha. Oh well, if that's the case - that's the case.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Does my ass make these pants look fat?
Posted by Ang at 9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I swear we're like band twins! I just had the same issue with finding pants and I just had the same issue with my last fill too! PERFECT question (and response!) on what restriction feels like. Thanks for asking and posting that great reply! Oh, and my 3rd fill is scheduled for Monday (only 2 weeks from my last one too!). I'm getting there, but slooooooowly.
Sarah
Sarah,
Glad to help girl!! I'm hoping it won't be as ellusive of an answer like "what is the meaning of life?" and hopefully we can be answering the "what does restriction feel like" for each other and others soon!
Good luck with your fill Monday - let me know how it goes!!
Hi Ang! I found you on the LapBand Talk forum. I was wondering if you could help me. I'm having problems with my fills. Either too tight or not tight enough.
I just had a fill 2 days ago. The doctor had to meet me at the office at midnight to unfill me.
Yesterday and today I have been on liquids only and can't get much down. I can swallow my saliva and baby sips of liquid. Is it normal to feel this way for a few days after a fill? I'm finally seeing the scale go down (I was banded on 9/17/07 and have lost only 21 lbs.) So I don't want to get unfilled if I this is something that will pass.
Can you share with me how you feel after a fill and what your diet looks like until you can eat solid foods again.
Thank you so much for your help. I try to get help on the LapBand Forum but no one really seems to respond and my doctor is not so great at helping either.
Thank you so much.
Kellie
Kellie,
Sorry you are having such trouble with your fills. If for some reason I don't respond here as fast or something you can always private message me on lapbandtalk and I may see that sooner than seeing a new comment on here...
I do have to say that so far I have never been too tight (as far as I know .. I had my 4th fill yesterday but haven't had solid foods yet). Is your doctor doing your fills in large amounts? Maybe you need to get to a point where you have some restriction (even if its not perfect) and have him do small fills until you find a spot where you feel the best.
The first few days after a fill can definitely be tighter due to any swelling caused by the fill. If you had to get an emergency unfill a couple of days ago the tightness could be due to extra swelling and could pass in a couple of days HOWEVER if you are not able to keep yourself properly hydrated you do need to get some more taken out so that you can drink enough water/keep hydrated. How much water would you say you are able to drink in a day? Can you get anything like soup broth down? Does it seem to be getting better or is the over tightness staying the same? Be super careful to not get dehydrated though hon.
After my doc puts in a fill he makes sure that I can get water down in his office and if the water goes down fine I am okay to go home. After a fill for the rest of that day I am on clear liquids (apple juice, tea, broth, etc). The following day I can move to full liquids (milk stuff, yogurt, cream soups, etc) the third day is mushie food like refried beans, mushy tuna, mashed potatoes, that sort of thing, then after day 4 I can resume eating normally but be careful with what I eat as I do not know how my restriction is.
So far I have never been overfilled though and had to take any out. If it doesn't seem to be getting better (swelling going down) then you probably should see your doctor about another small unfill ESPECIALLY if you are not drinking enough water/liquid. I know it sucks to have to battle finding the right restriction but its better to be safe then sorry. You dont want to get dehydrated or stay too tight (over tightness over a long period of time has been known to cause other issues, but that's more than just a couple days of it).
Message me on Lapbandtalk if you need anything else or have any other questions. *hug* hang in there!
Post a Comment