Yesterday I was back working in my regular office for the day (only one more week in Calgary to go) and I've been away for 7 weeks so far. I was walking by the office of one of the guys who works in Production and he says "Hey Ang" so I turned back around the corner and poked my head into his office and he said "Have you been working out?". I was a bit floored by his comment said that I had been (and actually the truth haha) and he told me that I looked great and to keep it up. That was a great moment for me because of the people that I work with he is not one that knows of my journey and hasn't been following along on my progress like others have (hi Susie!!). He is I think the first person in my work to compliment me on how I am looking since I started this whole process without any background info. I don't think I look any different than I did 7 weeks ago but perhaps just my absence from the office brought on a refresher thought .. who knows but I will take that either way!
I've had a bit of a lazy weekend thus far as this cold has been stealing any free ounce of energy that I have. I did however get my butt on my elliptical for 30 minutes today while watching TV.
So I splurged on my training when I was doing it in Calgary (10 sessions for $750) and it was worth EVERY penny. I also had one wee little other splurge on a GoWear Fit. A what you say? Some of you may have heard of the BodyBugg (contestants on biggest loser wear them) well this is made by the same company (Body Media) but is WAY cheaper and essentially the same thing. Actually I think it may even be better. Ok, so what is it you still want to know... well I will paste a link for those who wish to seek info on their own and also give a quick run down on the product.
The GoWear Fit and BodyBugg are multi-sensor arm bands that are a small computer that measure a variety of physical characteristics (including motion, heat flux and skin temperature) and can track calorie burn, physical activity, steps taken, sleep duration and sleep efficiency. You sync it to your computer and use their online activity manager to plan your goals see your results of the day etc.
It's simply a fantastic tool of being able to track that you are burning more calories than you take in. Which is the formula to weight loss - calorie deficit. But really, how do you know exactly how many calories you burn in a day otherwise? You'd be surprised, I know I am. Plus it makes you VERY visually accountable to where you messed up - whether it's eating outside your calorie goal or not getting in enough exercise. To lose 1 lb a week you need to have a calorie deficit of 3500 calories. Ie: you burn 3500 more calories than you eat. So if I set my expected daily calorie intake at 1400 calories a day to lose 2 lbs a week, I need to have a daily calorie deficit of 1000 calories each day.
I got it all charged up and put it on last night and an interesting thing it also does when your sleeping is reads your body's sleep pattern. I can see when I laid down, how long it took me to go from the "laying down" to "sleep" and then it shows where I woke up in the night. It's very interesting. Oh and I got the display to go with mine because a) I needed a new watch and I was about 2 days away from buying one my other one was crapping out and b) because I can see where I am at during any given point of the day whether I need to get my butt in gear or not.
Here's my days info - and besides my 30 mins on the elliptical you don't have more lazy a day than this one. Notice my calorie deficit was not so good because... well I decided to have DQ and now regret that decision immensely now that I see how it's affecting my body. Note to self. I completed my 30min goal of moderate activity but did not complete my 30 min goal of vigorous activity. In the sleep graph at the bottom the light blue is "laying down" and dark blue is "sleeping".
4 comments:
Do you think this font is too big or just right? Let me know your thoughts...
love you blog, your weight loss success is super inspirational!! i recently started a blog, take a peek when you have a chance, I'd love to get your feedback:
http://hungryheartlapband.blogspot.com/
YaHOO!!!! 80lbs oh to see that number down OMG !!! Exciting congrats Keep up the good work!Tan
Elsie, great blog! And a great idea for a blog.
Thanks Tan! I'm almost half way through my goal, it's a great feeling :)
Post a Comment