I'm so clever I know (referring to title).
I thought I would have more time to blog in Calgary ... hah, yah we all know how that went. I am now on week 5 of the Mon-Fri commute to Calgary for work. My B&B is still fantastic and I love the city of Calgary. Just getting tired of being away from home, my friends and my kitties.
I am however making the most of this trip now as I am seeing a personal trainer. There is a company in Calgary a block from where I am staying that is a personal training studio. They are big enough to have two clients at the same time (in separated work out areas) and you work one on one with your trainer using their equipment. I am on week two and about to go into session #5 with them tonight. It has been challenging but they are great to work with (and easy on the eyes too!). I have been trying to eat sensibly/healthy and I somehow managed to gain 2 lbs last week even with 3 work outs with the trainers. I have never been so sore omg, after Thursdays work out I was still feeling it in my leg muscles on Monday! They are also going to make a plan for me when I am back at home. I have 10 sessions in total with them (had to prepay and wasn't cheap). Hopefully it will be what I need to get in a consistent routine. I wanted to do some at home when I got home this past weekend but Friday I got hit up with ANOTHER cold and it kicked my butt over the weekend, could barely breathe without coughing.
I am at a plateau currently and can't seem to get out of the high 240's / low 250's and it's driving me crazy! I am really hoping that this training thing is going to kick my butt into gear as I really need to get my RCMP PARE test done. The longer I put it off the longer I will be sidelined finding out how my application is going. And I can tell you this, I am growing VERY tired of my current job (nothing to do with Calgary) and really need to get moving in my life career wise. So I am trying something new - everytime I want to eat something bad whether it be chocolate or icecream or fast food or liquid calories (man I am bad with that, more to come) I am telling myself that if I eat/drink this I am taking a step backwards towards my RCMP goal and it will be even more time before I get to where I need to be.
Liquid calories are the devil. When I should ideally be eating 1200'ish calories a day and a Starbucks (or in the case of Calgary where I had Jugo Juice Banana Buzz's the first few Mondays at the airport before I looked it up for nutritional info) drink of 300'ish calories or icetea of 200'ish calories, that really adds up! I MUST stop that!
I would really like to get a BodyBugg or a Gowear Fit (made by same company - cheaper) but it's not in my finances at the moment unfortunately (I just shelled out $750 for training!).
I will try to blog more I swear!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Back in Blogness!
Posted by Ang at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Glad to see your back!!!I bet next week you will noticed a difference with the working out!!!I have to start working out too but just headed back to work for first day this Sat! Tan
Post a Comment