THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Over a Year!

Well as mentioned before it is officially 1 year past since I had my surgery. I have lost approx 75lbs in the past year and I am sooo happy. I went from a size 28 pants at 324.5 lbs to a currently a size 18/20 (depends on the pants) at 249.5 lbs. I went from wearing 3x shirts to being able to buy xl shirts from Old Navy (my top half is smaller I'm turning out to be quite pear shaped - for the time being). I can now buy bras at La Senza (similar to victorias secret) and I couldn't do that before because they wouldn't fit. Oh and I also have a pair of la senza pjs! I can look at my naked (gasp) body in the mirror and see the differences. My back fat rolls are decreasing that hump of fat that I used to have at the top of my bum is gone and when I am sitting on the couch and maybe have one knee bent up I can see the difference in the size of my thigh. Oh oh and I have collar bones!

When I look in the mirror I still see a fat person but I still have a ways to go yet and am almost at my halfway point. I still have big feet.

I can cross my legs (more my right than my left the other way seems awkward maybe that is because I'm right handed?), I can sit in an airplane seat with the arm rest down no problem and the seat belt heck easy 6" to spare.

I think I am getting noticed more by the opposite gender - well I was in one case, some guy tried to pick me up in the grocery store in Calgary - he then phone stalked me for a week, but that's a whole other story haha. Learned my lesson on that one.

I know that this wouldn't have been something that I could have achieved on my own this past year with out the help of my band and the support of my family. I look forward to each more milestone and victory that will be coming my way.

While it hasn't been an easy journey emotionally or mentally and has caused many tears and frustrations I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Loving my band and starting to love myself,
Ang

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a beautifull girl and an inspiration to me!!! Keep up all the hard work!! Tan