My company Christmas party was this past Saturday night and I had nothing to wear that would fit. So Friday I went out and had the intention of trying on some tops to match a pair of black pants that did fit. Well they talked me into trying on a couple of dresses. A what? Yah, a dress. I haven't bought a dress in gosh only knows how long - easily 6 years probably. I wanted to look nice because I was one of the two emcee's for the night and if I was going to be standing up on a stage in front of 210 people I wanted to be presentable.
So .. I bought the dress, paired it with a pair of black shoes and a shiny blue wrap that goes with a fancy dress my grandma made for my high school grad (just a bit too fancy to wear to the xmas party). I got my hair cut and then my makeup professionally done for the evening out. I don't usually wear makeup so I figured I might as well invest the money I would have to invest into buying the makeup to do it myself and have a professional do it, and it was worth it, she did a great job. I wore that dress and I wore it with confidence. I felt good, 71lbs ago there is no way in hell you would have gotten me in a dress let alone on a stage in front of a HUGE group of people! I looked great, I felt great. I got TONNES of compliments on my "new look" (I say new look because these people are used to seeing my in my jeans and sweatshirts, without makeup and longer hair) and I even had two people who I work with daily not recognize me haha. Funny. Also, me and public speaking do not usually go hand in hand. I very relucatantly agreed to emcee the party because they were in a bind for someone to do it. The first 10 minutes I wanted to die of nervousness but after that, it was easy and it was fun!! I had people tell me all night long that night and even today that I did an amazing job and I have been nothing but complimented. Talk about an ego boost. Even people that I don't know complimented me that night (ie: spouses or dates of people who work at the company, etc.). Was a great feeling. I wore a dress and I wore it with confidence, I owned the night. I felt pretty good.
Here are some pictures of me before I left the house ... thanks to Darrell for taking them for me. The one pic that I'm not paying attention in he got me in a "omg this damn tag" pose! Haha.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Hello Confidence
Posted by Ang at 2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
You look fantastic in that dress and I love the hair. Well done you on overcoming everything to mcee the event.
Woah! Hot stuff!
HOTTIE! lol
You look great!
wow!!! U look amazing!!! Love dress. And the collarbones! :) u go girl!!!!!
WOW!!!!YOUR a HOTTIE!!!that dress is smoking!!!The girl in the picture was always there she was just hidding and you have given her the wing to fly free!!! Tan
Thanks so much ladies!!!! You're making me feel great right now!! And oh my gosh Lexy you're right.... Collarbones!!! Thanks for pointing that out!!! :D
you look stunning!!!
Thanks C!
Girl... you look fabulous!!! I am inspired by you overcoming your plateau! I am there now and I am so frustrated, but watching you do it helps me know that I can do it...
Hang in there! I read your blog and 35lbs is a fantastic start, that plateau is hard but we all get through it!!
Bowing down to you and your hawtness!
Post a Comment