THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 1, 2010

Having some problems

This is a post I hope that none of you will ever have to relate to. I have been having some band problems for the past week and a half. I am having problems eating and when I do I am in severe discomfort. Subsequently I have not eaten a whole lot this past week and a half. I have PB'd (thrown up) approximately 4-6x this past week and a half which is 3x more than I have the past 2 years. I wake up choking on stomach acid and slime and have to spit into a cup by my bed. I woke up this morning and threw up some stomach acid/mucous. It has been a rough week the pain in my band area/back after I eat sometimes makes me question everything I have ever done. I do not think that I have slipped my band because I can eat - I had crackers, cheese and garlic sausage for dinner last night and it went down fine, but the reflux last night in bed was awful. I think something in my body chemistry has changed and I am now too tight.


Since I have moved away from my surgeon I have gotten the name from someone who lives here of a Dr that does their fills. I am hoping that after having some fill removed I will be back to normal cuz wow I am having horrid sleeps lately with this. I have an appointment to see him on Wednesday morning. Today will be a day of liquids for me I think. My body is probably pretty dehydrated right about now.

I will keep everyone posted on how things go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i had a similar thing happen when i went on my holiday i was supper tight for the whole week and could only handle solid food at night and i got stuck 3 times but no puke just pb...i'm going to talk to the doctor about that????? I lost a bunch of weight from that week but i didn't count it! I had no pain in my band but it was a ruff week so i understand!!!! Good luck!My weight to day is 177 so game on i need to get to 167 by Jan 23!! talk soon Tan

Ang said...

Let me know what he has to say, hope everything is okay with yours as well.

Its funny that we have the same Bandiversary!

My current weight is 233.5 and I need to be 224.5 by Jan 23rd for my 100 in 2 years, so I have 9 lbs in 23 days not sure my body will let me do that right now but we'll sure see!

Anonymous said...

oops mine is 27 of jan sorry forgot!lol but close

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang, it's redtulips3 from LBT I've checked in on the blog every so often looking for an update. I haven't done so in the last month, but I've caught up on your most recent posts.

I had the same issue as you. I was fine, being able to eat and keep food down, with the occasional PB during the week. Then one day I could barely keep down liquids. I had to drink something hot in order to get even a protein shake in the morning. One day I could get some food in, one day I could barely get shakes in. I had a piece of SF chocolate (essentially a "liquid) one night before bed and in the morning I had to PB "curdled" chocolate (sorry if that was TMI). I presume the tightness came from a slight weight gain, though I had been maintaining within a 5-10lb range and had not had a fill very recently, so I don't know why my band decided to react so adversely. The tightness went on for a week or so, and I knew I needed an unfill. The 3 days before the unfill I was strictly on liquids because the food going down was a hit or miss. I never experienced any acid coming up though, like you.

The slightest bit of fluid was taken out and I was cured! Thankfully, I was able to eat again and that's where I'm at now.

Can you believe it's been 2 years! Mine's on the 9th! It's mind boggling, where has time gone? I haven't been on LBT in AGES, but I will go on soon and post a 2 year update. 90lbs is amazing girl! Think about if you didn't have the band, would you be -90lb after 2 years? I know wouldn't be able to keep off the weight I've lost without it. I've gained around 15-20lbs (completely my fault for getting out of my exercising and eating routine) since my lowest, but I've been maintaining that gain for at least 3 months. So while I'm not happy about the gain and being up 1 size, I'm happy it's not more than that and it's being maintained and I'm still down -125lbs from my all time high 2.5 years ago, so I can't complain too much, though I give myself a hard time some times for gaining pounds I worked so hard for. It's all about the bigger picture.

I'm back on plan and the exercise routine is coming back really soon too. I'm doing it because I have to and because I feel blah when I don't. So yeah Ang, you didn't do 100lbs in 1 year, but you're still going in the right direction and maybe you can get to -100lb in 2 years! I'm cheering for you! You can do it!

Ang said...

omg redtulips3 it is sooooo amazing to hear from you thank you so much for the post. I have wondered how you have been, I too have been away from LBT and only go poke through once and a while but nothing really.

I just wanted to let you know I saw your comment and I will reply again in more depth soon (just on my way to work!). When I get home tonight I'll post again!!!