THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Big Changes

So I realize I do not get the blogger of the year award but I do apologize and I am in need of a serious update and I will do so and I will get back on the horse of blogging. In the meantime, here is a little update on my life...


Recently I have made the huge decision to pack up the wagons and head east (well north - east). I am moving from the Vancouver area of British Columbia to Northern Alberta (20hr drive). Why the hell for? (Since that seems to be the general question) .. Well to get a fresh started - to make some money, pay off some debts and keep on keeping on. Since getting laid off in May I have not found any full time work and I have a feeling with the economy the way it is - that I may not any time soon. So I am moving to Northern Alberta to the Oil Sands area, where work is a plenty and they pay handsomely for. Cost of living is also more expensive but even with that - the huge difference in wage will make up for that.

I know all of 4 people in this town - my aunt & uncle, and one of my good friends and his fiance (whom I do not know well at all). I have never been there before. I have no idea what I am in for besides flat land (no big mountains like BC has), and cold winters (you know it's cold when you need to plug your vehicle in so it starts).

So I am leaving behind everything and everyone that I know and venturing off on my own. I've done this once before but under much much different circumstances (I was 18, I moved to where I am now to be with a guy who took care of everything and had money), now it's just me... and the open road with no job or house lined up (working on the job thing).

I am busy packing and sorting for garage sale and getting ready to pull up my roots. I intend to leave in 2 or so weeks.

Big changes in store. It's exciting, it's scary and it's sad as I am leaving behind a small handful of good friends, some family (won't be so easy to visit anymore) and everything I have ever known as an adult. It's overwhelming but I know it's for the best.

Weight wise I am still in my plateau and going back and forth around the same 5lbs, hopefully life changes will help this get picked up too!

To Tan- keep up the great work girlie, sorry I've been MIA but I do think and am so proud of you and how you are doing!!!

To Jerelynn- Sorry I've yet to reply to your msg on LBT, thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement and for taking the time to send me a message. Feel free to post as many comments as you like, I love them.

To everyone else - SORRY I will get my butt back to blogging soon, keep on doing what you doing and being the amazing people that you are!!

Luv Ang!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not? Sounds like a good time for a big adventure. Good luck and please please do update more often. I like hearing about what you're up to.
Cassie

lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lori said...

i admire your courage to take the big plunge and uproot yourself it search of a better life. i hope you are successful in your journey.

Ms. NeNe said...

Ang,

Good luck on your move and your new life. I have enjoyed reading your blog and will continue to check back to see what new things have come into place.

Ms. NeNe

Anonymous said...

Thank you hun for all your kind words!!! Iam finally at 50 loss and so excited it feels like a milestone!!! Good luck with your new adventures sounds interesting! Keep in touch! Tan