Yay me, I gained 4.5 lbs this past week and I have no one to blame buy myself. I had a baaad food week and now I have no one to thank but myself for this 4.5 lbs. Good job Angela. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep on trucking.
My Nike+ sensor gave up the ghost so now I have to go see if I can buy another one locally that isn't the kit and just the sensor (as opposed to ordering just the sensor from either Nike or Apple). I went to use it last week on the treadmill and nothing, messed around with it, restored my iPod and then tried to use it when I went for a jog last night and nada, dead as door nail. *Sad face*
Last night was the first night I put on my big girl panties and went for a run in the wild! Well when I say wild I mean down the street as opposed to being in the safety and security of my living room where no one can see me. It was sunny, it was beautiful out and I need to start learning to run outdoors and I tell ya it is WAAAY different than running on a treadmill. I can easily run for 7-8 minutes straight on my treadmill (when I say easily I mean I'm nearly dead at the 8 minute mark but I did it) but outside I think I maybe did a minute (not really sure need to stop watch it next time) before I felt like I was going to keel over and had to slow to a steady walk. The treadmill sets your pace and you keep up and it propells you forward and if you don't keep up you will be very sorry. Just jogging normally without this forward propelling is VERY different and I'm going to have to teach myself to pace differently. On the Couch to 5k I was at around week 5 on the treadmill but to run outside I think I may need to start back at week 3 and see where it takes me. Last night I walked/jogged about 2.6km (according to google maps) in approx 25 minutes. We'll see where tonight takes me! :)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Loooovely
Posted by Ang at 11:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good job on the running! Outdoors *IS* so much harder, but your body has to work harder = more calories burned.
I so hear you... outside running killllllls me. okay... running in general kills me.
hey you don't even know me! i'm such a creeper, lol.
Thanks She! Definitely going to need to work my way back up on the outdoor running ... holy cow!
Hi Amanda! It's always nice to see a "new face" commenting on my blog. :) Welcome.
Sounds good. And good on you for picking yourself up. It's hard but worth it. Mel
Post a Comment