We'll as I have mentioned I have made the decision to get the Lapband done but where in the process am I at?
I have contacted the office of the surgeon that I was interested in having my surgery done by, Dr.Robin Woodhead in Delta, BC. His office sent me a few page questionnaire to fill out and return in order to schedule a consult. I sent the questionnaire and booked my consult back in October. My consult was on November 22. I drove to Delta met with Dr. W (who I will now refer to him as) and instantly liked him. My appointment was about an hour long where we went over the procedure, he answered my various questions, poked my belly a few times and showed me where the 5 small incisions will be. Gave me a form to get some blood work done and sent back in and we left it with me contacting him once I know my work schedule for the new year and when I will be able to schedule a week of vacation time to have the surgery/recover.
Once I have found out my schedule for next year I should be able to get my surgery booked at any time. I have to have one consult with the anaesthesiologist who works on Dr.W's team and then I will be ready to go.
So at this point it is now just the waiting game - waiting to find out my work schedule and waiting to find out my surgery date. Until then my blog may be relatively quiet besides the possibly occasional unrelated WLS post.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Where I'm at so far...
Posted by Ang at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
1st!!!
J/K...
Good idea posting your developments on a blog. Cant wait to read future updates!!!
-Noel
Angela,
You know I do & always will think you are beautiful both inside & out. I realize this is something you are doing for you & so will give you my full support.
If ever you need a shoulder or ear to borrow you know how to reach me.
And pix or it didn't happen!!! :P
-S
Thanks you guys! :) I appreciate your support.
Haha Noel, that's so classic you "1st!!"
Steve, pix will be coming along the way to show my progress. Patiences young padawan (no idea how to spell that)...
Post a Comment